Lean application development
We will use an example, a simple public-facing RESTful API. This RESTful API displays the names and addresses of a list of accommodations in JSON format to any user via
- If no passwords are to be used, then
ext/mcryptis not needed.
- If no date calculations are to performed, then
nesbot/carbonis not needed. Since there is no HTML interface, then the following libraries involved in testing the HTML of an application,
symfony/dom-crawler, will not be needed.
- If no e-mail is to be sent to the user, then neither
- If no special interaction with the filesystem is needed, then there is no need for
- If not commands that are to run from the command line, then the
symfony/consoleis not needed.
- If Redis is not needed, then
illuminate/redismay be left out.
- If specific configuration values will not be needed for different environments, then
vlucas/phpdotenvis not needed.
vlucas/phpdotenv package is a suggested package in the
It is clear that the decision to remove certain packages has been done carefully so as to lighten up Lumen as needed with the simplest of applications in mind.