Caffeine For Laravel 5.1
Prevent forms from timing out when submitting them after leaving them on-screen for a considerable amount of time. (Laravel defaults to 120 minutes, but that is configurable and could be different site-by-site.)
To achieve this, we are sending a caffeine-drip (a request at regular intervals) to keep the session from timing out. This is only implemented on pages with a
_token field, so all other pages will time-out as normal.
I chose this approach to keep the integrity of site-security, by avoiding the following:
- exposing the CSRF Token on an unsecured endpoint.
- eliminating CSRF Token validation on specific routes, or even altogether.
- removing session-timeout on all pages.
This package adds the routes under
genealabs/laravel-caffeine. Please verify that these don’t collide with your existing routes.
- Install MixPanel via composer:
composer require genealabs/laravel-caffeine:~0.1
- Add the service provider entry in
- Publish the assets for this package:
php artisan vendor:publish --tag=genealabs-laravel-caffeine --force
- Register the middleware class in
protected $middleware = [ // other entries above \GeneaLabs\LaravelCaffeine\Http\Middleware\LaravelCaffeineDripMiddleware::class, ];
That was it! It will apply itself automatically where it finds a form with a
_token field while pages are open in browsers.