You are not new to Node.js; in fact you have one or more projects under your sleeve. After all the long hours of coding and effort you have finally put together something that you wish to unleash on the world.
When the Node.js hosting question pops up you are left with a no light bulb moment. That’s where we come in.
We have put together a list of Node.js hosting providers that you can look into and decide on the right one for you.
1. Kamatera Cloud Servers
At Kamatera all sizes and types of business and users get virtual server services that are reliable in performance, limitless in scalability and unhindered in availability all at a very affordable fee. The Kamatera cloud infrastructure has a global distribution of 13 Data Centers in multiple locations across the globe. Their user-friendly management console allows users to control the components in their cloud server. The servers at Kamatera are completely configurable and scalable.
- Users get to try before buy period of 30 days
- The rates charged for the cloud services are cheaper in comparison to the competitors.
- Packages come with unlimited IOPS, all SSDs included and Free Data Recovery
- Users get customized basic to enterprise packages tailored to their requirements
- Option to be billed per hour or per month
- Users can add servers as they require and remove servers without any penalty
- Kamatera is still relatively new in the game with user reviews on it still coming in.
DomainRacer offers best node js hosting in India for all sizes of business to get reliable performance, limitless scalability of virtual server services, you can get it started from affordable price cost. It is a favorite infrastructure service amongst most of the developers. The DomainRacer node js infrastructure has a global distribution of multiple 7+ countries Data Centre locations. All servers are completely configurable and scalable.
DomainRacer node js hosting support types of databases and programming languages like Html, PHP, Apache Web Server, Python, Ruby on Rails, WordPress and many more.
It makes a good option for DomainRacer Node.js hosting, you can also create and set everything up yourself to build an enterprise-ready application.
- It comes with tons of features and services.
- CloudLinux based platform.
- Plans come with unlimited SSD disk space, faster LiteSpeed technology and more.
- Users get the HTTP/3 and QUIC infrastructures.
- Secured with Imunify360, ImunifyAV+ and DDo’S Protection etc.
- cPanel (Control Panel) for server management.
- Expert Support is available to you via Email, Chat, Ticket, WhatsApp and Call etc.
- Let’s Encrypt Free SSL certificates to secure user connection.
- Get super easy to scale and deploy your Node js application as needed.
- The global distribution of multiple countries data centres locations across the globe.
- MongoDB need VPS Hosting Services.
3. Amazon Web Services
Don’t be surprised by the name, yes Amazon has web-related services on the list of services. Amazon Web Services, AWS has what they call the AWS Elastic Beanstalk Service that allows Node.js developers deploy high-end high-ability web apps. You will find it easy to push packaged applications to AWS as Platform as a Service (PaaS) through this Elastic Beanstalk service. With AWS the server on which your Node.js app runs is in your full control. Run all the apps you have under your belt on your server without the worry of denting your wallet further.
- Plenty of support is available to you via documentation, plans, and forums
- The pricing is wonderful, considering what AWS offers
- Be ready for a steep learning curve here. It is even harder for those who are encountering AWS for the first time. If you have never managed your own server before, the learning curve with AWS will be even steeper.
When it comes to standing out Node.js support system, EngineYard blows the scales. This Platform as a Service offers non-stop 24-hour hosting and support for all Node.js applications. Delve into the great pool of documentation made up of tutorials, FAQs and walkthrough guides. Under the managed tier EngineYard you get a service team dedicated to you and email support which is plenty to offer.
- Users experience a simple and user-friendly deployment process from a powerful and functional platform.
- EngineYard has a lack of flexibility and limitations in relation to database options. There is no custom instance role definition offered.
5. Microsoft Azure
This cloud-based platform from Microsoft enables developers to quickly work on their applications. As a developer, you can enjoy Microsoft Azure’s flexibility and immense regional availability to build, deploy and manage great applications and websites. Monitor your Node.js applications in real-time on Azure that is available for Linux and Windows machines. Azure also comes with support for automatic scalability under the hood.
- There is a free plan that allows developers to host up to 10 applications per datacenter.
- Scaling of your Node.js app is quite easy with the option of enabling and auto scale feature dependent on traffic.
- Slow deployment processes are sometimes experienced.
- Developers working on Mac have no avenue to deploy the Azure cloud service from their Macs.
6. Xervo (Previously known as Modulus)
At Xervo PaaS hosting is taken to a unique level. Powerful tracking features produce analytics that is actionable and very detailed. This comes as part of a worthwhile and highly dependable PaaS hosting environment. Developers take advantage of auto load balancing and Scaling with unlimited Node.js project storage.
- Xero has Excellent support options that are multi-regional and complemented with fast response times.
- Slowness is experienced during deployment and the size of the project contributes further to deployment speed.
The developers at AppFog have made sure that you will notice what their PaaS has to offer. Users can conduct robust development through a highly intuitive user interface and command line. Easily develop and host your Node.js application and experience automatic scalability in the process.
- AppFog offers a free tier for 100MB of storage and 2GB of memory
- All users have access to 24 hours live professional support
- The simple deployment process is not always as fast as one would desire. This would be frustrating if you tend to do regular app deployments.
8. RedHat OpenShift
This cloud-based platform offers deployment and hosting that is accessible on-demand. Opt for RedHat OpenShift for convenient building, deployment, and management of your Node.js applications. All the language tools you wish for are found here.
Redhat OpenShift is one that many first time developers opt for. The great highlight of Redhat OpenShift is that it offers free Node.js hosting forever. No free trial period, it is totally free. Work hassle free and stay focused on bettering your app.
- Support for automatic scaling that conveniently covers your app in the event unexpected traffic spikes occur.
- Support is multi-regional
- Access to free inbuilt private databases
- You are limited to hosting of only three applications.
The team at salesforce.com finally decided to offer support for Node.js and present a seamless integration with a flurry of third party services. Services like Redis and SendGrid are amongst the services. Heroku also offers developers multi-regional deployment.
- Novice developers will love the fact that it is easy to get started with Heroku
- Freely available documentation and support is available for free
- Access to wide-ranging plugins and services that one can add in an instant.
- Expense becomes an issue. The paid tier is quite pricey
This other hosting firm comes in with a clean and clear pricing structure that complements their outstanding speed and performance, superior control panel and hassle-free uptime of Node.js applications. They also have a guarantee of getting your money back, should you wish to unsubscribe in 30 days.
- Hostinger has servers that are fast and guarantee speedy loading of your apps.
- Ease of use
- Security and privacy to suit all users preferences
- Free domain and app builders
- Great knowledge base with plenty of tutorials, guides, and video walkthroughs
- A knowledgeable User support
- The user support response is usually slow as getting hold of them is quite a challenge
- You have to have an account to access their live chat
The overall appeal and use of Node.js continue to rise and it definitely works well for a developer to get the best and ideal Node.js hosting providers available. With list detailed above the search has been narrowed down and as a developer, you are now better placed to make the next step and choose the best Node.js hosing for you.