C# is one of the most powerful and best programming languages for developing websites, applications, Driver software and many more.
It comes with interesting programing language features like lambda syntax, LINQ, Annonymous objects, etc.
IDE, on the other hand, stands for Integrated Development Environment. Important programming tools like code editor, build automation facilities, debugger, etc. that is being used for developing, supporting and enhancing Code.
This article will highlight best C# IDEs and editors you can use:
For C# development, Visual studio code is one of the most common IDEs C# developers are familiar with.
- Lightweight and Open source
- It supports Mac, Linux, and Windows, etc
- Solution Explorer, source control, debugger, etc are inbuilt in this code editor
Monodevelop was created by Xamarin. The developer of this code editor developed it to have some similar features as visual studio code.
- Debugging and Code completion features
- It can also work well with many other programming languages
- It can also work on multiple operating systems
#develop is a lightweight of visual studio code, it offers the same features such as code editing, compiling and debugging.
- It is a C# open source IDE
The rider is a cross-platform .net IDE that works perfectly with the IntelliJ platform and ReSharper.
- It is designed to function with .NET Framework and .NET Core
We all know acute as a plugin for Eclipse IDE that works in C# development.
As a developer, you get a C# editor equipped with Eclipse IDE with language support from Omni sharp language server when you install acute. .
- .Net core development
- MS test and xUnit test are utilized by Eclipse aCute
Scriptcs is a lightweight code editor for writing only C# scripts. Node world has a great effect on it.
- It supports NuGet packages
Visual Studio is a very good IDE for C#. Just like visual studio code, it is a product of Microsoft.
- Visual studio can be used for developing websites, web and mobile applications
- It supports over 30 programming languages
- The functionality of a visual studio IDE can be extended
Maybe your favorite C# IDE or editor is not listed here and you do not want to switch from your favorite code editor now.
But Picking C# IDE for greatest efficiency and experience ought to be the main need for any programmer out there.
In my opinion, an IDE or text editor that matches your usage habits are best.