A framework is a platform for developing software applications. It provides a foundation on Programmers can build programs for a specific platform. A framework may include predefined classes and functions that can be used to process input, manage hardware devices, and interact with system software. but a perfect choice can depend on a Programmers specific needs, preferences, and skill level. Every framework is good to do something and probably bad to do something else.
That being said, let’s highlight 5 Best Java Framework To learn in 2017 and take a bird’s eye view of how each one of them can ease your java app development.
1 – Spring MVC
spring web MVC framework provides model-view-controller architecture and ready components that can be used to develop flexible and loosely coupled web applications. The MVC pattern results in separating the different aspects of the application (input logic, business logic, and UI logic) while providing a loose coupling between these elements.
- The framework is designed around central servlet called DispatcherServlet for handling HTTP request/responses
- This framework can be integrated with other popular frameworks such as Hibernate, Struts2, JSF, etc
- This framework supports different view technologies with few simple configurations in the spring configuration XML
- You can use this framework to build highly flexible MVC application using annotations.
- It supports REST web services.
2 – Grail
Grails is one Of the best web frameworks, for the Java platform aimed at multiplying developers’ productivity.It Features Convention-over-Configuration, sensible defaults, and opinionated APIs. grails also easily integrate smoothly with the JVM, allowing you to be immediately productive whilst providing powerful features, including integrated ORM, Domain-Specific Languages, runtime and compile-time meta-programming and Asynchronous programming.
- Easy to learn for Java developers
- Seamlessly and transparently integrates and interoperates with Java, the JVM and existing Java EE containers
- Integrated ORM / NoSQL support, a powerful view technology, plugins, and Spring-powered dependency injection
- Expressive Domain Specific Languages (DSLs) used for validation, querying, markup rendering etc
3 – Struts 2
Struts 2 is also one of the most popular framework for developing Java-based web applications. Struts 2 is being developed as an open source project started by Apache Software Foundation. Struts 2 is an application development framework that is designed for and used with the popular J2EE (Java 2, Enterprise Edition) platform.
- Struts is based on the time-proven Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Struts is a modern, maintained and full-featured web framework.
- struts can be easily integrated with other technologies like Apache Cayenne, Hibernate or JDBC without any restriction
- Build upon a Request/Response cycle
4 – Hibernate
Hibernate framework is an advanced ORM framework that lets you perform the database operation on Java objects. This framework carries the best features that help backend developers fine-tune data access layer.
- N+1 or Lazy loading support
- Built in Caching mechanism
- High-level object handling functions.
- It Allows you to communicate with any database using tiny alterations.
5 – Playframework
Play Framework makes it easy to build web applications with Java & Scala. Play is based on a lightweight, stateless, web-friendly architecture. Play also provides predictable and minimal resource consumption for highly-scalable applications.
- The compiler and runtime (JVM) do the heavy lifting so that your apps run super-fast and keeps running under load.
- There are libraries for everything – most of which can be used in Play.
- Play uses a fully asynchronous model built on top of Akka
- Play was built for needs of modern web & mobile apps
Other framework worth mentioning
If you want to learn Java from scratch you can enroll for Ultimate Java Development and Certification Course