Why Kotlin is next to big Thing?
In this article i will talk about why kotlin programming language is next to the big thing, so let's get started.
WATCH THE VIDEO
What is Kotlin all about?
Kotlin is a new programming language targeting the Java platform. Kotlin is concise, safe, pragmatic, and focused on interoperability with Java code. It can be used almost everywhere Java is used today: for server-side development, Android apps, and much more. Kotlin works great with all existing Java libraries, and frameworks. and runs with the same level of performance, as Java.
Why use kotlin Programming language?
- Google just announced that it will officially support Kotlin on Android as a “first-class” language.
- Kotlin is a statically typed programming language.
- kotlin solves problems faced by working programmers today.
- Kotlin programs can use all existing Java frameworks and libraries.
- Kotlin is statically typed and supports type inference, allowing it to maintain correctness and performance while keeping the source code concise.
- Kotlin supports both object-oriented and functional programming styles, enabling higher-level abstractions through first-class functions and simplifying testing and multithreaded development through the support of immutable values.
- It works well for server-side applications, fully supporting all existing Java frameworks and providing new tools for common tasks such as HTML generation and persistence.
- It works for Android as well, thanks to a compact runtime, special compiler support for Android APIs, and a rich library providing Kotlin-friendly functions for common Android development tasks.
Kotlin is the free and open source, with full support for the major IDE and build systems.Kotlin is pragmatic, safe, concise, and interoperable, meaning it focuses on using proven solutions for common tasks, preventing common errors such as NullPointerExceptions, supporting compact and easy-to-read code, and providing unrestricted integration with Java.
Kotlin is evolving, But you have to decide whether Kotlin, is the next big thing or not, but I am hundred percent sure, it’s the next big thing, I will suggest you to start learning Kotlin.