The MEVN Stack has quickly become a popular choice for building high-quality web applications. MEVN stands for MongoDB, Express, Vue.js, and Node.js – four modern technologies that each offer unique benefits.
- MongoDB is a source-available cross-platform document-oriented database program.
- Express, is a back-end web application framework for building RESTful APIs
- Vue is a Simple, minimal core with an incrementally adoptable stack that can handle apps of any scale.
Developers can benefit from the OpenSource project’s collective knowledge of the developer community while also saving time and cutting development expenses.
These OpenSource projects also encourage innovation and collaboration, assisting the web development industry to grow and improve.
Today, I am going to highlight some of the amazing open-source projects for the MEVN Stack that can make your web development process smoother and help you create great applications.
We’ve chosen these projects based on their usefulness, popularity, and ease of use. We believe they will be beneficial to anyone working with the MEVN Stack.
So, let’s explore these open-source projects that can boost your MEVN Stack web development journey.
1. MEVN Stack Boilerplate
This repository offers a starting point for creating web applications with various technologies, such as MongoDB, ExpressJS, Vue 3, and NodeJS.
Additionally, it contains tools like TipTap, Vuetify, and Vuexy that can assist in building more sophisticated applications.
The primary objective of the MEVN Stack Boilerplate is to be as comprehensive and helpful as possible.
- It Provides a ready-to-use and pre-configured foundation for building web applications.
- Saves significant time and effort in setting up a new project.
- Offers a standardized and consistent structure, making it easier to collaborate with other developers.
- Includes helpful tools and frameworks to streamline the development process and improve overall quality.
Veniqa is an open-source e-commerce platform that allows businesses to build and manage their online stores. The platform is built using the MEVN (MongoDB, Express.js, Vue.js, and Node.js) stack, making it scalable, fast, and customizable. In this response, we will discuss the pros and cons of using Veniqa.
- Customization: Veniqa provides businesses with the flexibility to customize their online stores according to their specific needs.
- Scalability: Veniqa is built using the MEVN stack, which is known for its scalability. As a result, Veniqa can handle large volumes of traffic, making it suitable for businesses of all sizes.
- User-friendly interface: Veniqa’s user interface is intuitive and easy to use, allowing businesses to manage their online stores efficiently. T
- Open-source: Veniqa is open-source software, which means that businesses can use it for free, modify it, and distribute it without restrictions.
Lynx is a full-stack application built on the MEVN stack designed to simplify the process of shortening your URLs.
It is built After experiencing the limitations of other URL shorteners, It includes all the features you need to get the job done.
It also offers an intuitive Admin Interface that streamlines the process of managing and organizing your shortened URLs.
Additionally, we provide the option to redirect the root path, enabling you to fully customize the links you share with others.
- a sleek and straightforward UI that makes the process of creating and sharing shortened links as easy as possible.
4. Mevn Built In tools
This MEVN stack application offers a plethora of built-in tools that allow you to create powerful and seamless web applications. With automatic API document generation, built-in authentication, and real-time updates, this application provides a smooth and efficient development experience.
- Automatic generation of API documents, saving you time and effort in creating and maintaining them manually
- Mongoose database with predefined collections, including User, DAU, HealthCheck, API Metric, and more
- Built-in database migration and authentication workflows using JSON web tokens
- Built-in API metric and logger for seamless monitoring and tracking
- Integration with SocketIO and Redis for real-time updates
- Tracing, monitoring, and email delivery capabilities
- Docker script for container building and publishing
- File server with MongoDB GridFS, media file detection, and image thumbnail generation
- Vue3, Vite, and UnoCSS for a fast and responsive UI
- Predefined CSS rules, Vue components, and admin dashboard templates for easy development
- Built-in utility class for working with the provided back-end API
- Built-in authentication using JSON web tokens
- Tracing and log pipe for real-time updates on back-end logs
- Dashboard with API metrics in chart or table form
5. MEVN Stack Notes
Mevn Stack Notes allows you to display simple text notes in a grid of Bootstrap cards. It is Built using the MEVN (MongoDB, Express, Vue, and Node.js) stack, This application provides seamless CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) operations for optimal note-taking.
- It provides a user-friendly interface for displaying simple text notes in a grid of Bootstrap cards, allowing for easy visualization and organization.
In conclusion, these are my top picks for the best open-source MEVN stack projects. However, if you feel that there is another project that deserves a spot on this list, please let me know in the comments. Thank you for reading.