Solidity can be defined as a high-level programming language for executing smart contracts. It is an object-oriented software.
It is built to target the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
Developers find Solidity useful in creating contracts such as voting, crowdfunding, blind auctions, etc.
Which Integrated Development Environment can I use to try these stuff with Solidity? This article will solely be talking about 7 best Solidity IDE
Remix is regarded as one of the best IDEs for Solidity. It appears as the most officially supported Ethereum smart-contracting Integrated Development Environment around us today.
- It solely supports browsers
- It comes with a nice compiler
- Server-side components are not found with it
- You can easily build Ethereum contracts using Solidity with it
EthFiddle is another important Integrated Development Environment for Solidity. It is popularly seen as a Solidity code-sharing site and a platform for carrying out smart contracts.
- It enables users to readily give out Solidity code snippets among their loved ones
- It also gives you the opportunity to check out the web for nice code snippets
3. JetBrains Integrated Development Environments
JetBrains IDEs are another very good tool that works smoothly with Solidity high-level programming language.
- Solidity plugin is compatible with any IDEs under JetBrains
Yakindu is free for all to use. It offers an integrated development environment for ethereum / solidity based smart contracts. It is a very good IDE for Solidity.
- Live validation
- It offers code completion
- Integration of code compiler
- Semantic highlighting
- Code navigation
This Integrated Development Environment for Solidity gives users the access to compile and deploy solidity code from the editor of Atom.
- It allows you to compile smart contracts
- It also allows you to deploy smart contracts to Ethereum networks
- Etheratom has a creative contract management interface
6. Visual Studio Extension
Solidity extension that can be got from Visual Studio Marketplace is what you will need in developing Ethereum Smart Contracts with Visual Studio.
- It comes with smart contract samples
Embark does the work of providing a series of Command Line Development Management Tools for building a basic structure of a DAPP project. It is more of a framework than an Integrated Development Environment.
- Embark is a framework offers you another option of a software that can be used to create, test and deploy applications
The Integrated Development Environments for Solidity is quite limited but the ones you have listed and explained here in this article work pretty cool with this high-level programming language. Take your time in studying them to know and choose the best for your next project.