Swift is known as a general-purpose programming language. Apple Incorporation created the swift language to support iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS.
Swift Opensource projects, on the other hand, are best known for two uses:
- Gives beginners the opportunity to read and understand the source code.
- Provides room for experienced developers to work on the already built projects.
Opensource projects are very helpful to programmers when they are planning on developing a new application.
In this article, we will give you some of the best Swift Opensource Projects you can always find helpful as a Swift programmer.
1. The WWDC Application for macOS
Everyone including those that attended and the ones that never attended were given the opportunity by WWDC for macOS to access WWDC live streams, videos, and sessions during the conference and as a year-round resource.
- By clicking the Schedule tab, you are able to see the schedule for the most current WWDC and be allowed to watch the live streams for keynote and other sessions for that particular week.
- You are permitted to watch their videos or read transcripts of sessions and easily skip to a particular point in the relevant video through the integration of ASCIIWWDC
2. The Xi-editor mac frontend
The idea behind the xi-editor project is to make use of modern software engineering techniques to develop a high-quality text editor.
Features: The objectives are to make the xi-editor:
- Beautiful and attractive
- User friendly
- to be of high performance
Brooklyn is simply a screensaver. It was developed by Pedro Carrasco. The Animations presented during the Apple Special Event (October 30, 2018) from the Brooklyn Academy of Music, Howard Gilman Opera House was the inspiration behind the development of Brooklyn.
- It comes in light and dark themes
- You can always loop the animation as long as you like
- You don’t need an internet connection to be able to use it
YPImagePicker functions in a similar way to Instagram but it is exclusively for iOS users.
- Highly customizable
- Video trimming and cover selection
- Multiple Selection
WeScan comes in to add scanning functionalities to iOS applications.
- It is designed to function well with PDF and UIImage
- Scanning documents live
- Automatic scanning
- Fast and Lightweight
FSNotes is a short form of File System notes. It can be described as a recent notes manager on steroids for macOS and iOS.
- More than one folder storage
- Images drag and drop or copy and paste
- Pin/Unpin vital notes on the top
- Fast and Lightweight
- Rapid copying of Markdown code to clipboard
7. NSFW Detector
NSFW Detector is simply a small CoreML Model for scanning images for nudity. It was created to clearly differentiate porn/nudity from appropriate pictures.
- It is just about 17kb in size
With Code Injection, you don’t need to rebuild or restart your application as you can always update the implementation of methods of a class incrementally in the iOS simulator.
- Code Injection saves developers a lot of time
You can always use Unwrap application to effectively learn and know the Swift programming language in a more fast way.
- As you learn, you can also practice by writing codes
10. Audiokit Synth One
Audio Synth One is known as the first fully free and open-source full-featured professional iOS synthesizer application in the world.
It is also said to be the largest free and open-source iOS music application in history.
- MIDI support (play it with a MIDI keyboard or controller)
- Vintage-inspired analog filters
- Expressive arpeggiators
- Warm analog delays
- and many more!
Sift application will let you know the current situation of every other application on your phone. It will show you the network in realtime for all applications on your phone.
- It prevents you from seeing bad sites and tracking pages
- It carries out inspection network traffic
- It supports keyboard shortcuts
- It also supports Media Keys
Papr can be best described as an unofficial Unsplash application for iOS.
- It is an Unsplash Application for iOS
HeadGazeLib is known as a pure Swift library. It works by empowering iOS applications to control through head gaze without the need of anyone touching it.
- It depends on iPhone X, iOS 11, Swift 4
Lumina is a Machine Learning Camera Framework for iOS. As an iOS user, you have access to a fully-functional camera in Lumina.
- It allows you to take pictures of static images
- It also allow capture videos and live images
- It can be used to recognize the presence of a face and where its location
iOS-Depth-Sampler is nothing but Code Examples for Depth APIs in iOS.
- It requires devices with dual cameras or a device with a TrueDepth camera.
VersaPlayer is known as a Versatile AVPlayer implementation for every Apple device.
- It is simple and flexible to use
SwiftnessX is a cross-platform note-taking and target-tracking application for penetration testers developed on ElectronJS.
- A note-taking and target-tracking application that supports many operating systems
It is just a MyCoin application that supports iOS.
It depends on:
- iOS 10.0+
- Swift 4.2+
- Xcode 10.0+
NewsApp is an open-source Reddit client for iOS.
21. Firefox iOS
It is an official Firefox iOS application developed in Swift programming language.
These Open source projects built in Swift language are carefully explained in this article and, just some of the many Open source projects you can find around for Swift programming language. But they are among the top ones you can check out!