Many people keep delaying their job search because they’re put off by the idea of having to update their resumes and compose job applications. But Skillhub or any decent NYC resume writing service can solve this problem in just a few minutes. It doesn’t take much time or effort to hire a professional writer, and the competitive edge this gives a candidate is well worth the investment.
It can be not very comforting if you’ve never sought professional help with a job application. Not with Skillhub, though. Few things in life are easier than getting a perfectly written resume (and cover letter or LinkedIn profile, if you so choose) from Skillhub. Here’s how everything happens.
Step #1: Sign Up and Choose Your Package
The signup process on Skillhub couldn’t be more straightforward. It takes barely a minute to create an account. Once you do, you can choose the package that best matches what you’re looking for. Here are the options available:
- Basic. The most budget package will get you a professionally written resume with unlimited revisions. You can have it done in just 3 hours, which is great for job seekers who want to apply for jobs as soon as possible.
- Standard. On top of everything that goes into the Basic package, this one includes a cover letter. It’s Skillhub’s most popular option, which makes sense because a personalized cover letter takes any job application to the next level.
- Premium. Finally, if you’d like to improve your LinkedIn profile, go with the Premium package. LinkedIn is the first place recruiters check once they receive a promising-looking job application, so it’s always a good idea to have it brushed up by a professional.
Step #2: Give Skillhub Writers All the Details
Once you choose a package that meets your requirements, Skillhub will ask you to provide the information for the resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile. Try to be as thorough and specific as possible. The more the writer knows about your career journey, the better your job application will turn out.
Including numerical data is one of the most helpful strategies for presenting achievements on resumes. Let Skillhub writers know how big the team you led in your previous job was, how much you improved the KPI, how much customer satisfaction grew under your guidance, and so on. Quantitative evidence of candidates’ achievements always stands out to recruiters.
Step #3: Choose the Writer and Communicate With Them (If You Want)
Skillhub empowers job seekers, so we encourage everyone to choose the writer they like the most. Writers will bid for your order, and you can select the one you like and feel like trusting your job application with.
By the way, Skillhub’s clients can communicate with writers throughout the writing process and before choosing the writer. Thanks to this feature, you can talk to a few of them to make an informed choice on who to select for your order. Trusting someone with something as important as one’s job application can be challenging, so hopefully, this will make you feel more secure.
Step #4: Look at the Draft and Request Revisions
In terms of your necessary input, that’s pretty much it. If you fully trust the writer you’ve chosen (which you should), you can relax and wait for your resume to be ready. Depending on how quickly a job seeker chooses their writer, the pre-writing process can take less than 10 minutes.
In a few hours, you’ll receive your resume. If you’re happy with it and don’t feel like anything needs to be corrected, you’re ready to start applying for jobs. But if you’d like to have something edited, no problem. The writer will revise the resume as often as needed until you’re delighted.
Step #5: Enjoy the End Result and Come Back for a Cover Letter
Congratulations—you’re ready to send out job applications and get your dream job! One thing we do recommend, though, is to send a cover letter together with the resume (even if it’s not mentioned in the job listing).
A cover letter is an excellent opportunity to tell more about oneself, show one’s personality, and make one’s application memorable. Recruiter surveys show that applicants submitting resumes and cover letters are more likely to hear back. And if writing isn’t your strong suit, Skillhub will happily help you with cover letters.
How Hiring a Professional Benefits a Job Application
If you’re still unsure whether or not it’s a good idea to hire a professional writer, here are a few reasons why it is:
- Professional writers know current resume writing trends. Do you know that a resume objective makes most recruiters cringe these days, and it’s replaced by a summary now? Or that soft skills often matter more than hard ones? Skillhub writers do, and they’ll ensure the resume is up-to-date with current content and formatting requirements.
- They’ll compose a concise, clear, and specific job application. Job seekers are often tempted to put everything on their resume, which is a losing strategy. A professional writer can create an imposing and memorable job application without exceeding the page limit.
- They’ll take care of ATS (Applicant Tracking System) optimization. Recruiters don’t even see most applications submitted for the job opening because an ATS filters them out. A professional writer will ensure that this doesn’t happen to you.
- It’s a great confidence booster. When job seekers are self-conscious about something (such as their writing skills), it comes through in a job application. But a professionally written application will assure you that you’re presenting your career accomplishments in the best light.
Hiring a professional writer can help job seekers create a compelling and customized job application that justifies their skills and achievements. This, in turn, improves their chances of getting noticed by potential employers and landing their dream job. And thanks to our well-thought-out process, ordering a resume will take you less than 10 minutes.
Thanks to resume writing experts, you can forget about resume writing anxiety and land your dream job.