Duplicate lines can be annoying and take up valuable space in a document. notepad++ makes it easy to remove them.
notepad++ is a free and open-source text editor for Windows.
It is one of the most popular text editors with a user base of millions of users. notepad++ has many features that make it a powerful editor, including syntax highlighting, code folding, multi-document support, and plug-in support. notepad++ also supports macros, which can be used to automate common tasks. notepad++ is available on Windows and MacOS.
Steps to remove duplicate lines in notepad++
- To remove duplicate lines, select the text you want to delete duplicates from and go to Edit -> Find and Replace… or press Ctrl+H.
- In the dialog box that pops up, under “Find What”, type ^\s*$ (without the quotes) and then click “Replace With”.
- This will find all of the blank lines in your document and replace them with a single space.
- Click “Replace All” and notepad++ will delete all of the duplicate lines.
- You can also use notepad++’s search and replace dialog to delete other types of duplicates, such as duplicate words or characters.
- To do this, type the text you want to find in the “Find What” field and the text you want to replace it with in the “Replace With” field. Click “Replace All” and notepad++ will delete all of the duplicate instances of the text you specified.