Furthermore, just like React Native, its competitors have essential components for all mobile apps: UI components, state management, routing and also follows the latest industry best practices.
Therefore, this article will discuss 10 best React Native alternatives.
Flutter is an open-source Google UI tool kit for developing natively compiled applications for desktop, web, and mobile from a single codebase.
Additionally, Flutter’s popularity is evident given that it is among the top software repositories at Github.
- Works with a single codebase for both iOS and Android apps.
- It uses dart as its programming language.
- Thirdly, it has customizable widgets.
- Flutter has native themes for both iOS and Android.
- Furthermore, it has stateful hot reload functionality that boosts the productivity of developers.
- It supports a variety of IDEs, for example, VS Code, Android Studio, among others.
- Powerful design experience and easier animations.
- Flutter framework is new, therefore, its library is limited.
- It is not developed for maximum flexibility.
Ionic Framework is a free, open-source mobile UI toolkit used for building high-quality cross-platform applications for Android, iOS, and from the web all from a single codebase.
Currently, more than 5 million apps are developed using the Ionic Framework.
- It has a single codebase from various platforms.
- It has many plugins and it is easy to integrate.
- Supports quick prototyping and extensive support of UI elements.
- Precise documentation.
- Lastly, testing convenience.
- Lacking performance with native applications.
Xamarin is a developed world that has tools, programming languages, and libraries for building different types of applications.
The tools and libraries of Xamarin are specifically for developing apps for Android, macOS, iOS,tvOS, and Windows.
- Firstly, this React Native alternative is an open-source and free developing tool.
- Secondly, Xamarin is a native and performant.
- It has a cross-support feature.
- It supports the building of stunning cross-platform user interfaces.
- Lastly, Xamarin has an active community.
- Limited to Xamarin’s Library of components.
PhoneGap is a product of Adobe. Additionally, PhoneGap is a multi-development tool that supports the open-source Apache Cordova framework.
Furthermore, it uses CSS, JS, and hybrid of HTML. This platform is ideal for building mobile applications.
- Firstly, it supports cross-platform compatibility.
- Secondly, it gives better access to Native APIs.
- With PhoneGap, there is flexibility in using Web technologies.
- Additionally, it has UI libraries that help in improving the user interface.
- It is an open-source and backed by powerful sources.
- Above all, PhoneGap does not support plugins that have hooks.
Onsen UI is a mobile app development and SDK that can be used as a React Native alternative.
Similarly, Onsen UI can also be used in creating beautiful and performant cross-platform mobile applications.
Also, this framework is based on Web Components and it gives room for binding React, Vue.js and Angular 1 &2. Currently, there are over 100million mobile devices using Onsen UI apps.
- Wide browser support. Onsen UI is developed to support both browsers and mobile OS. For example Android 4.4.4+, Safari, Chrome, and iOS 9+.
- Most importantly, the Onsen UI ecosystem has a toolkit known as Monaca that helps in developing hybrid mobile apps.
- It has a material and flat design.
- JS framework is agnostic.
- Most noteworthy is that Onsen UI is limited to hybrid apps.
The quasar is an MIT licensed open source Vue.js based framework. Hence, it supports the development of responsive ++ applications and websites.
Some of Quasar’s great features are; Source mapping, Tree Shaking, Cache busting, HTML/CSS/JS minification, Linting Code and many others.
- It has good documentation and a variety of coding samples.
- Automatic testing and audit.
- Its CLI feature boosts its speed.
- Full RTL support.
- Surprisingly, this app was developed by one individual, hence the fear of the app going out without warning.
- It has a user-friendly interface, making it easy to use.
- Tabris is compatible with most Cordova plugins.
- Through Tabris CLI developers can connect their PC and mobile devices through Wi-Fi.
- This framework is completely free.
- It has native widgets instead of the web view.
- The premium version with advanced features is quite expensive.
Codename is a very powerful tool used by Java developers in creating mobile apps using Java.
Additionally, Codename one generates native OS binaries that developers can upload to Apple/Google/Microsoft, etc.
Surprisingly, Codename one supports all three major Java development environments including NetBeans, Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA.
- Simple to use to with portable drag and drop GUI builder.
- It gives full access to the native OS using various Native languages.
- CodenameOne does not require any special hardware and supports full code reuse.
- Offers free version that developers can use for free.
- The advanced versions are very expensive.
Sencha Touch framework is among 10 best React to Native alternatives.
Moreover, it is ideal for building data-intensive, cross-platform web and mobile applications for any modern device.
It has great tools like ExtGen, ExtBuild, Sencha Theme, Sencha Architect and many more.
- Easy data binding.
- mobile-oriented theme.
- open-source framework.
- has a structured code.
- Rich charting components.
- Supports full DOM manipulation.
- Sencha touch is slower as compared to React Native.
- It is so costly.
Felgo supports faster and easy mobile app & game development for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Desktops within a short period of time.
Additionally, Felgo has all the components that developers need for professional apps and game development.
While using Felgo developers have the privilege of using the same IDE and workflows for creating their projects.
- It is easy to learn and use.
- Felgo has a mature cross-platform IDE.
- It has great performance.
- Furthermore, it has an in-game level editor.
- Currently, it does not have third party tutorials.
The above 10 React Native alternatives are the best you can think of. They are some of the best React native Alternatives you can consider using for developing Native applications.
These platforms and tools support the development of your cross-platform mobile applications.