We all know that all web applications have some things in common like login, registration & communication. communication is carried out mostly through validated and secured forms, and the information is stored in various databases. The databases are then searched, data is processed, and data is presented back to the user.
Why use the Framework?
Frameworks are half-produced applications that you can extend and form to make them take shape according to your needs. Well, that means half your work has already been done.
There are a wide variety of PHP frameworks, many of them are open source frameworks. let’s highlight 7 best Php Frameworks to use in 2019 and take a bird’s eye view of how each one of them can ease your PHP app development & Why these are top Php frameworks of 2019.
Hosting a PHP framework on Cloud
A PHP framework app can be hosted in a lot of places, depending on your needs. You are not new to PHP frameworks; in fact you have one or more projects under your sleeve. After all the long hours of coding and effort you have finally put together something that you wish to unleash on the world. When the PHP framework question pops up you are left with a no light bulb moment. That’s where Kamatera come in.
At Kamatera all sizes and types of business and users get virtual server services that are reliable in performance, limitless in scalability and unhindered in availability all at a very affordable fee.
Laravel offers a robust set of tools and an application architecture that incorporates many of the best features of frameworks like CodeIgniter, Yii, ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, and others.
Reasons to use Laravel
- Laravel includes 3 frontends preset: Vue.js as default, react.js and bootstrap, you can change as per your preference.
- Laravel uses PHP 7+ version, it will improve the speed of web application and will save a cost for your project
- You can send the custom email template with your perfect branding more easily.
- Laravel introduced the dedicated class to handle the validation.
Laravel uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) paradigm or design pattern. If you have used one of the aforementioned tools or the MVC pattern, then you will find it quite easy to get started with Laravel 5+
Symfony is A set of decoupled and reusable components on which the best PHP applications are built, such as Drupal, phpBB, and eZ Publish.
Reasons to use Symfony
- Symfony defines MVC while many other frameworks try to simply follow MVC rules.
- The standards of Symfony also make it easier to catch errors and to write high-quality code; its community is growing every year.
- symfony is The leading PHP framework to create websites and web applications
- Laravel uses Symfony :P
PHP frameworks like laravel and Content Management Systems (CMS) like PhpBB have adapted the Symfony components and started to follow in its footsteps.
CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
Reasons to use Codeigniter
- Full Featured database classes with support for several platforms.
- Query Builder Database Support
- Form and Data Validation
- Security and XSS Filtering
- Session Management
- Email Sending Class. Supports Attachments, HTML/Text email, multiple protocols (sendmail, SMTP, and Mail) and more.
- Image Manipulation Library (cropping, resizing, rotating, etc.). Supports GD, ImageMagick, and NetPBM
CodeIgniter is also based on the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development pattern.
CakePHP makes building web applications simpler, faster while requiring less code. A modern PHP 7 framework offering a flexible database access layer and a powerful scaffolding system that makes building both small and complex systems simpler, easier and, of course, tastier.
Reasons to use CakePHP
Enhanced components and helpers
- CakePHP offers a flexible caching layer that assimilates improvements to the bootstrap process, routing process and numerous parts of the process for generating helper templates.
- Integrated with the bug-fixing tool that provides turnkey solutions for solving new application errors rapidly and easily during development process stage.
CakePHP 3.0 that provides the flexible and turnkey solution for software developers to save their development time significantly.
5. Yii 2
Yii is a generic Web programming framework, meaning that it can be used for developing all kinds of Web applications using PHP.
Reasons to use Yii framework
- Because of its component-based architecture and sophisticated caching support, it is especially suitable for developing large-scale applications such as portals, forums, content management systems (CMS), e-commerce projects, RESTful Web services, and so on.
- Yii is a full-stack framework
- Provides many proven and ready-to-use features
Yii implements the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architectural pattern and promotes code organization based on that pattern.
Phalcon is an open source web framework delivered as a C extension for the PHP language providing high performance and lower resource consumption. Phalcon is a full-stack PHP framework that employs the MVC web architecture design pattern.
Reasons to use Phalcon
- Phalcon promises increased execution speed, asset management and enhanced security and caching.
- If you’re trying to make thunder like fast website, then Phalcon is for you.
- Phalcon optimizes performance using its efficient memory utilization.
Slim is a PHP micro-framework that helps you quickly write simple yet powerful web applications and APIs. Skim is best framework for a small web application that doesn’t necessarily require a full-stack PHP framework.
Reasons to use Slim
- You can use Slim to develop RESTful APIs and web services easily.
- Main features of Slim includes URL routing, session, and cookie encryption, client-side HTTP caching, and more.
You can accomplish everything you want with any of the frameworks. Just depends on what you want to achieve and features you’d like to reuse.