Here are some top advantages of using Node.js as your primary web development technology.
Reusable And Shareable Modules
The Node.js framework allows you to create specialized functionalities in the form of common JS modules. These modules can be easily exported into different types of applications, thus eliminating redundancy and making way for a more clean code. Each module can be coded for a specific purpose and can be reused across your applications and future projects. Some benefits of building websites with Node.js are:
- Modularity helps build scalable applications that promote loose coupling and easier code maintenance.
- Updates and upgrades can be made with little repercussions to existing functionality.
- Reduced web development costs as modules can be reused and demand low maintenance efforts. Code reuse is also facilitated at a granular level.
- NPM, the Node Package Manager, provides an online database of packages where you can publish, manage and share modules. Along with NPM and source control software like Bit, you can easily update modules and sync them across projects.
Non-Blocking Event I/O Framework
The Node.js V8 engine runs on a single thread with support for non-blocking IO events. What this means for server applications is increased efficiency and better use of available resources at all times. Here is how a non-blocking event IO framework proves to be advantageous for web development services:
- Better context switching and IO readiness
- Ability to respond to several API requests without being blocked by a single API call. In Node.js web development, the thread will continue to execute code after an API call and does not wait for control to return to the main code. This helps your server to connect to multiple clients and serve client requests without getting blocked.
Full-Stack Web development
It is also easy to learn and can be adapted to a variety of use cases readily. The community support is enormous and comes with several pre-built packages and functionality you can readily import into your projects.
Relatively, it takes less time to code the back-end with Node.js, and you get a somewhat smaller number of code lines that are easy to maintain.
The advantage of full-stack web development is that you can set up a cross-functional team of Node.js developers with no communication gaps, as they work with one technology. Comparing to an option of hiring different developers for front-end and back-end, having a team of full-stack developers helps to save time and money.
Faster Time To Load With Quick Caching
Caching is a mechanism by which web applications help reduce server requests and allow faster page loading. Frequently used components are stored in immediate memory, avoiding recomputation every time the resource is requested.
Node.js provides excellent caching functionality with the help of its caching module. Every time a client makes a request, the response is cached in memory. When the same request is made again, the stored cache responds faster without any delay.
Real-Time Application Development
Real-time features like online chat, games, headless browsers, chatbots, and more can be easily developed using the Node.js framework. You can set up and benefit from features like notifications, messaging, tracking, live streaming, and IoT integration – all these options will improve your app’s user experience. Socket modules and event listeners can be easily set up and scaled to add efficient real-time capabilities to your web applications.
Node.js, with its efficient IO driven non-blocking framework, helps develop two-way connections apps with ease.
The web development technology you choose for your project is a crucial decision. As you can see from the list above, Node.js would be your perfect choice to build scalable, fast, and responsive websites and applications. It has strong community support and has several features that will help you create efficient, high-performing, and real-time apps. With all the advantages you can use for your website or application, Node.js can help fulfill your growing customer needs and improve user experience.